11 August 2009

Sermon



Cigarettes and Whiskey and Wild Wild Women, as recorded by the Red Ingle and the Natural Seven (1948).

A preachment dear friends you're about to receive
On John Barley corn, nicotine and the temptations of Eve

Once I was happy and had a good wife
I had enough money to last me for life
I met with a gal and we went on a spree
She taught me to smoke and drink whiskee

CHORUS
Cigareets and whuskey and wild wild women
They'll drive you crazy, they'll drive you insane
Cigareets and whuskey and wild wild women
They'll drive you crazy, they'll drive you insane

Cigareets is a blot on the whole human race
A man is a monkey with one in his face
Here's my definition, believe me dear brother
A fire on one end, a fool on the t'other

CHORUS

O brother repent for they'll write on your grave
"To women and whuskey here lies a poor slave"
Take warnin' dear stranger, take warnin' dear friend
They'll write in big letters these words at the end

CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment